Hair loss can affect just your scalp or your entire body, and it can be temporary or permanent. It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or a normal part of aging.
Anyone can lose hair on their head, but it’s more common in men. Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness.
Before pursuing hair loss treatment, feel free to contact us to discuss what the best treatment plan would be for you depending on the cause of hair loss.
Hair loss is typically related to one or more of the following factors.
- The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging. This condition is called androgenic alopecia, male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness.
- It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women.
- A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems.
- Medical conditions include alopecia areata, which is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania.
- Moreover, hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Finally, many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
It is important to consult your doctor when feeling distressed by persistent hair loss, even if your are not sure if you’d like to pursue treatment.
At Swiss Luxury Clinic, we know how distressing baldness or hair loss can be. That is why we offer guaranteed solutions to small and advanced hair problems.
Our expert doctors and surgeons analyze the extent of current and recurring hair loss and provide advanced solutions to curb hair loss and cover baldness with cutting-edge hair transplants.